Monday, November 29, 2010

how far is too far?

So I have had a loved family member move on today, she was an amazing inspiration and great woman, at 102 she was still looking to get feisty and asked me every time I saw her, if there were any hot men outside and if I could bring her one in. I loved my great gram, and today she moved on, I am upset, of course, but I want to celebrate her life. I asked her advise on her 100th Birthday,

"Gram, Its beck, I want to know since your 100 this year and I am 25, what advise can you offer your great grandchild of with your 75 years experience on me?"
"you like to dance beck?"
"ya gram I love to dance!"
"well beck, you got a man?"
"no gram, why?"
"well ... get one.. and make sure that he can hold onto the tables, because you must always always dance on the tables!"


Best advise I ever got!

So the title of my post comes from my anger towards my extended family, people started posting on FACEBOOK this morning that gram had passes, FACEBOOK, for goodness sakes, gram has hardly had time to leave her body! So not only is this of horrible disrespect, that is how my sister found out that gram had passed. It disgusted me today to find this out about what I am supposed to be calling my family.

I am posting this here, because well, really only two of you read this anyhow, and I am sure since its all over the fricken Internet, you have heard by now, also neither of you knew gram, and well this is my place to vent which nobody knows about. :)

So have seriously been considering deleting my Facebook page, Its gone too far for people, this whole addiction to technology is too much. People don't even have face time with one another any longer, you go for dinner and its phone this and txt and tweet and status updates! where is our humanity going? seriously... out the freaking window. I smile at people while walking down the street, and it seems foreign to some people like I must be up to something because I am making eye contact.

Anyhow, if you find that one day you go to find me on FB and I am gone, its not because I have escaped, I may just be without a page. You can get me here or email me or call me.

Favorite quote for today "Friends are Gods way of apologizing for our families" Dr Wayne Dyer

1 comment:

  1. When I found out that my gran had passed away last week, I specifically refrained from posting it on FB because I didn't want anyone accidentally finding out that way. I don't think anyone I knew on FB even knew my gran... but I didn't want anyone who did to find out like that.

    ReplyDelete