Friday, January 28, 2011

enlightenment

I was inspired today - in-spirit being the base of that word, by a co-workers blog. Its a lighting blog but she is very passionate about it. I was really inspired to continue my enlightenment blog with the same drive. I have been feeling very me lately, feeling like I do not need to change so much of me and have been accepting parts of me that I have been resisting in the last couple years.

I have been reading a new Ekhart Tohle book - A New Earth and have been writing down pieces that I am drawn to. Here are just a few

"if you don't succeed at something it doesn't mean your a failure"

"whatever you fight you strengthen, whatever you resist, persists"

"in a genuine relationship, there is an outward flow of open, alert attention toward the other person in which there is no wanting whatsoever."

"defining yourself through thought is limiting yourself"

"what really matters is not what function you fulfill in this world, but whether you identify with you function to such an extent that it takes you over and becomes a role that you play. When you play role, you are unconscious."

"the primary cause of unhappiness is never the situation but your thoughts about it. Stay with the facts."

"awareness is the greatest agent for change"

"awareness means presence, and only presence can dissolve the unconscious past in you"

"the more shared past there is in a relationship, the more present you need to be; otherwise you will be forced to relive the past again, and again."

"give up defining yourself - to yourself or to others. You wont die. You will come to life. And don't be concerned with how others define you, when they define you , they are limiting themselves. So its their problem."

"there is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so"
William Shakespeare

"cleverness divides; intelligence includes"

2 comments:

  1. I've read this book too... I like quite a few of the quotes that you wrote down :) Actually tho, I found "Power of NOw" to resonate more with me. When I'm feeling like I'm not sure where I'm going I read the "Power of Now".

    How're things going in your life? You and boy still together? Sorry I haven't been over in Van at all. School has been overwhelming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!! Yeah I really like the Power of Now, it is also one of my Favs. Things are good, really good, yes the boy and I are still together things are really good there. I will be writing blogs again soon, I am now reading another Dr. Wayne book, Change your thoughts Change your life.

    ReplyDelete