Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Letting GO and opening your heart

I have been in a transition phase for what feels like 6 years in the making. But I think the truth is I will always be in transition, at least as long as I keep learning, exploring my self and my spirit.

I have been working inside quite a bit again, some reading, some Qi Gong, some sitting and thinking and this is what I've come to. I damn well better start to let my light shine NOW because sitting back and waiting is not serving me and it sure as SHIT isn't serving the world.  And really isn't that why we are here? Are we not put in the world to show, help, shine, and teach? I think so! And frankly I have been beat down and shit on for the brightness of my light my whole life.  Jobs, bosses, friends, ex's, and even parents.  I was given a light this BRIGHT because no matter what or who thinks that it should have a filter or cover cannot dull the light that will inevitably be there.  Even myself, I get in my own way ALL the time.

What takes allowing your light to shine is this.  LET GO, let go of thinking you control how bright your light is. LET GO of thinking and analyzing whether you CAN do something or will or will not FAIL at something. LET GO of those people and experiences in the past who have hurt you. You know what, because you have already experienced them they cannot hurt you again unless you let them. SO get the hell out of your own way and out of your own head and let your light shine.  If you have been overweight and unsure about what others will think if you show up at the gym SCREW THEM your light will shine by showing them you're OK and your moving forward.

I have found that what happens when we start to make changes in our lives and in our thinking is it can make those closest to you VERY UNCOMFORTABLE simply because you are doing what they think they can't. But by doing those things, like changing your perspective on things, or letting go of crap we don't need any more or personally bettering yourself is the more you do it the more you inspire others to take the leap and do something great for them selves. So really by helping your self FIRST your actually helping others. That is why it is SO important to get our of your own way. Now you may be thinking BECK! Seriously you just said you need to do the same so how do you know?

Well yes, I have been holding myself back but this is not the first time I have been on this roller coaster, I have done this once before and what it has taught me is that NO MATTER WHAT even if its a little everyday or every week, its a practise, and once you stop the progress stops and the universe waits. It has waited for me to come back around to this place of enlightenment, because the universe gives second and third and forth and hundredth chances. Its like a big circle, if you are not ready and you miss your moment to shine or to change the universe offers it again and again and again and again until you either see it or continue to go in circles.

Some of you may have just has an AH HA moment, like wait I feel like Ive been going in circles for YEARS! Yes you probably have BUT now that you are aware of it, you will begin to look for that moment that gut feeling of NOW.

Trust your intuition even when it seems crazy, trust your self to make the right decision and trust that the universe is going to keep offering you opportunities to shine. Its our responsibility to get out of the way and our of our egos and head and let go, and SHINE.

Here are the lyrics to one of my favourite songs. Let your light shine by Keb Mo.

You say, 
You want to get over.
What are you gonna do?
Watch the world go by
In a corner of the room?
I know,
None of my business.
But there's something I need to say,
If you could see you
The way I see you
You'd start flying on your own.
Step aside and . . .
Refrain:
Let your light shine.
Let your love show
It's a short ride
Down the long road.
When the rains come
And the winds blow
Let your light shine
Wherever you go.
This world is ready and waiting
For you to break on through.
It's time to recognize,
To realize,
You're the only one like you.
Step on up,
Step into your greatness.
Don't be afraid.
There's a place where you will rise up to;
No one else could do what you do.
Get out of the way
Refrain
Get out of the way
Refrain - 2x
Songwriters: KEVIN MOORE, JENNY YATES




No comments:

Post a Comment