Saturday, August 28, 2010

New updates and posts coming

So I have neglected this for quite some time, but I really feel that this revisit to my blog will stick. I have some time in the mornings now since my new phone delivers my emails directly to me all day long I no longer need to get up in the morning and check to see whats in my inbox, in fact I can see all my emails, facebook and tweets before I open both eyes. Its been a bit of a daily habit to get up in the morning and check emails while I enjoy my coffee but now I can update my blog!!

I am also going to start using this as more of a journal, I am pretty sure that Magda is the only one who reads it anyhow so really whatever I put in here is only for me.

This summer / year has been an interesting one, amazing no doubt.. there has just been lots happening in my life. I have still been doing lots of life coaching and training, my life coaching has been back and forth, I have progressed leaps and bounds this summer but have still been falling back every now and then. I have a strong sense that those fall backs are done, this past couple of weeks have been really powerful for me in my realization and awareness. I have been practicing being present, I had no idea before what this feeling could be since I don't believe I had ever been fully present before. I had thought that I was, and even now I am sure there is even more to learn about being present and taking charge of the NOW.

I have been discovering a lot about myself and who I am and what I truly believe in. I have been reading 7 Habits for highly Effective People - Steven Covey for the second time, I read it the first time last year, at that time I was still going at everything so fast and I only applied and absorbed the information that I wanted to and applied it to work, funny though because it says right on the front of the book powerful lessons in personal change.

Since I have started to read it for the second time there is so much in the book that I never before got, and it is really opening my eyes as to what I have been doing my whole life and how I can change so many things in how is see and do everything. In fact for the most part it has NOTHING to do with work, its all about being present and effective with your self.

Its been these last two books, this one and the previous The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle that have hit me hard this summer, I wasn't aware before how much energy I had been using on mindless thoughts and riff raf in my head. I have always run things around in my head a hundred times and over thought most situations, lots of energy spent on things that haven't even happened or things that ever will, I was wasting my energy on things that I had no reason to be worrying about or had any control over.

So needless to say in the past couple of weeks with this new information I have been thinking lots about the things that should be in my life, now the step is to apply, and do. This is where my blog / journal comes in. Its important for me to keep writing and journals to keep all of this new active in my life. Today I am also going to begin writing my personal mission statement, its been on my mind lots this week and well today is the day it comes out.

Today's Quote from my book - "The unique human capacities of self-awareness, imagination, and conscience enable us to examine first creations and make it possible for us to take charge of our own first creation, to write our own script. Put another way, Habit 1 says, "You are the creator" Habit 2 is the first creation."

Nothing works unless you work it.

2 comments:

  1. in my defense I do have you on a reader (Google reader to be exact) that informs me when you update so I don't have to keep checking if you have written anything.

    But I must remind you if you write it they will come. ;) corny but it is true every time I stop writing for a while I lose my entire readership other than the die hards aka essentially family.. but when I get back into writing gain the readership goes back up. Although this time had been a little more difficult.

    But I guess I'm still not writing regularly.

    Damn it.. I knew there were a couple of books I wanted and couldn't remember the titles, thanks! I will write those two down. have you read learned optimism yet? or influence science and practice? still two of my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww I plan to keep this up, well in fact I'm doing better already since It's day two and here I am again.

    No I have not read those yet, I will pick them up for this fall. PS I got to have dinner with tracy last night, it was very nice.

    ReplyDelete