Friday, August 21, 2009

I've got the sun shining over my face...

That is part of a song verse from Johnny Reid this is what I am listing to this morning. I woke up feeling a bit flat line so once my coffee was in me and plants were watered... I watered my plants instead of watching the news.... and I was thinking I do not wish to have this flat line feeling all day lets do something to fix this. One thing I often do when I get this feeling is go back to my homework from Jade my life coach, I read through them remind myself that only I can create today!!

Today I decided to go back through the books I have been reading from life coach, when I read books like these I dog ear pages that have interesting statements on them, I don't always know why I am saving that page until later.. today I would like to share some of those statements that have helped me create my day.

First book - Turn it UP! By Dr. Jeffrey Spencer

"Repetition Aids Comprehension" Page 102

"The best students learn through frequent repetition. Conventional wisdom says that for information to be lodged in long-term memory it must be repeated ten or eleven times."

This has reminded me that everyday I must apply what I am learning about creating my dream everyday... everyday... everyday... every moment..

Book 2 The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People - Stephen R. Covey

Page 239

Empathic Listening

""seek first to understand" involves a very deep shift in paradigm. We typically seek first to be understood. Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply. They're either speaking or preparing to speak. They're filtering everything through their own paradigms, reading their autobiography into other people's lives.

""Oh, I know exactly how you feel!""
""I went through the very same thing. Let me tell you about my experience""
"They're constantly projecting their own home movies onto other peoples behaviour. They prescribe their own glasses for everyone with whom they interact."


Book 3 - Awaken the Giant Within - Anthony Robbins

Page 246

"I've heard that the only difference between a rut and a grave is a few feet, and over a century ago."

page 431 Quote

""If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves."" - Thomas A. Edison

page 504 Quote
"" You can't live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you"" - John Wooden



These may not effect you as much as they have affected me but these are all powerful words for me and they have turned my day around - I hope it helps you with your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment